The Coordinator Presidential Amnesty Programme (PAP), Brig.-Gen.Paul Boroh (rtd), said on Thursday that he remains committed to his official assignment as the Coordinator of Presidential Amnesty Programme in spite of the rumour of his sack.
Boroh, also the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, said this in a statement signed by Mr Owei Lakemfa, Head, Media and Communications,PAP on Thursday in Abuja.
The presidential aide said that he would not be distracted by the campaigns of calumny by detractors and influence peddlers.
The Coordinator said that the attention of its Office has been drawn to a rumour of him been relieved of his duties as the Coordinator of PAP.
“There is no iota of truth in this rumour as I remain in my duty posts carrying out the duties and tasks assigned to me by His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, who appointed me.
“The mischievous rumour is calculated to distract me and divert the attention of the Presidential Amnesty Office from its mandate of sustainably reintegrating the Beneficiaries of the programme.
“Also, from enhancing human capital development, building and ensuring peace in the Niger Delta to allow for investment and the development of the region.
“Indeed the Presidential Amnesty Office under my watch in collaboration with other strategic partners and government agencies has been so proactive.
“It’s efficient that it has through constant dialogue and interaction with major stakeholders, youths leaders and elders in the Niger Delta being able to stem the tide of oil installation vandalism in the region,” he said.
According to him, on occasions when there were threats of vandalism or resumption of militant activities, he relocated to the Niger Delta region on peace building efforts and to assuage feelings, calm frayed nerves and push for dialogue.
He, however, reiterated that the programme is an interventionist security project, which should not be politicized.
“We need not emphasize that the wellbeing of the country’s economy rests on oil production and everything possible must be done to ensure we meet our production target.
This precisely is what the rumour mongers do not desire hence their vicious campaigns against the Programme and its Coordinator,” he added.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that Boroh’s alleged sack had been making the round, especially on the social media and online news platforms.
He was sighted performing his duties in his office at 37a, Nile Street, Maitama, Abuja, on Wednesday.