​The Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj-Gen Rogers

Nicholas has said two female suicide bombers were killed with the arrest of one; in an attempt to attack Gambouru border town in Borno state.

Nicholas in a statement of Col. Onyema Nwachukwu, Spokesman of Operation Lafiya Dole, said troops averted what could have been a major devastating suicide attacks on returning residents of Gambouru on Tuesday morning.

According to him; “Two of the suicide bombers, strapped with suicide vests had attempted infiltrate Gambouru town at about 6.45am.  They were sighted by a joint patrol team of vigilant troops and Civilian

JTF at Unguwar Yobe area shortly before entering the town.

“They were halted by the patrol team from a safe distance and were ordered to unstrap their suicide vests, to which they vehemently declined.”

He said all efforts and entreaties by patrol team to make the suspects remove their IEDs vests failed as the duo approached the troops.

This informed the troops to quickly neutralize the suspects; while the police Explosive Ordinance Department (EOD) safely unstrapped and detonated the explosives.

He said a third female suicide bomber was detected and intercepted within the same general area and confessed to the joint patrol that she and the other two terrorists had been dispatched to attack Gambouru town.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s